In response to this unprecedented and challenging situation, Geoffrey Hunt & Partners has implemented its business continuity plan.COVID-19
Modern Slavery Policy
MODERN SLAVERY POLICY
This policy applies to Geoffrey Hunt & Partners (referred to in this policy as ‘GHP’). The information included in the statement refers to the financial year 2020/2021.
GHP considers that modern slavery encompasses:
- Human trafficking;
- Forced work, through mental or physical threat;
- Being owned or controlled by an employer through mental or physical abuse or the threat of abuse;
- Being dehumanised, treated as a commodity or being bought or sold as property;
- Being physically constrained or to have restriction placed on freedom of movement.
GHP acknowledges its responsibilities in relation to tackling modern slavery and commits to complying with the provisions in the Modern Slavery Act 2015. GHP understands that this requires an ongoing review of both its internal practices in relation to its labour force and, additionally, its supply chains.
GHP does not enter into business with any other organisation, in the United Kingdom or abroad, which knowingly supports or is found to involve itself in slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour.
No labour provided to GHP in the pursuance of the provision of its own services is obtained by means of slavery or human trafficking. GHP strictly adheres to the minimum standards required in relation to its responsibilities under relevant employment legislation in the UK.
D) POTENTIAL EXPOSURE
While GHP considers its exposure to slavery/human trafficking to be relatively low, it has taken steps to ensure that such practices do not take place in its business or the business of any organisation that supplies goods and/or services to it.
GHP has not, to its knowledge, conducted any business with another organisation which has been found to have involved itself with modern slavery.
In accordance with section 54(4) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, GHP has taken the following steps to ensure that modern slavery is not taking place:
- We have a zero tolerance policy towards modern slavery;
- We undertake checks to check new employees are eligible to work in the UK;
- We communicate this policy to all staff;
- We encourage staff to report any suspicion of slavery or human trafficking to the appropriate authorities;
GHP provides induction training to staff to implement and reinforce its stance on modern slavery.
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and will be reviewed each financial year.